Friday 10 October 2014

Dr.Nguyen Hai Ninh aka Hani Oppa's lessons :)))))

It takes a very long time to find the second teacher that I really really really admire and respect that way after my head teacher in junior high school. This person no wonder is Dr. Nguyen Hai Ninh a.k.a Hani Oppa. The reason why I call Mr. Know it all Oppa is simple - age doesn't go the same way with the definition " Young" or "Old". It's about characteristics and the way people spend their life, the way they think, bla bla.
And the way Hani Oppa "enjoying" his life is exactly the way I always wanted.





The thing about Hani Oppa is that  he is not only teach us the real knowledge but also how to think which is one of the most difficult challenges for all of the education reforms' makers.
I almost agree to all of the things he said based on his point of views. Because like he said, there are things I cannot agree with him totally cuz I also believe things from my perspective.
For instance, I believe people CAN make the history not just only History creates great man like he said such as Bill Gates - one of the most rich&famous person had created the world we are living in today - the world of technology.
Just like I mentioned above, I almost agree almost all the things he said.
From his perspective, I realise several things:

Changing destiny or fate or whatever , you know, it's not really the main point, it's actually just about your attitude towards your life - you are the only one who take responsibilities for your decisions, your life. I mean, it's hard to have a perfect life you always wanted or let it the way you wanted it to, however, it doesn't mean you cannot be happy. Who says my teacher doesn't have a happy life even I strongly believe according to some people, in his age, he should have a different life or act differently.
And you are just a small element in this big big world, there are things you cannot control, there are things you can do whatever it takes to avoid it but it will happen anyway. So the only thing you should do is enjoying this life as much as possible :D



When you are young, you should choose your ups and downs. It's not really an easy thing to do. But that's why we are here to learn, aren't we?
When he said about people should choose when and where to fall. I remember a story about Steve Jobs, he chose to leave Apple when he knew not many people in the company which is the one he was the founder stood by his side. And then the new chapter was opened for him and you know what happened next, he came back to Apple and he also was the founder of great Pixar and brought Apple in its golden age. When we choose to do something, it is our own decision, we feel more free and relax to begin again and try something new and creative and bla bla :).

"We don't want to be all the same but we do want to understand each other".
He helped me to realise the beauty in Travelling is to see new things but it's not only about "actual" things like a building or something but also about people's lives and stories in that place.
Understanding a CULTURE is quite an exceptional thing we should do.
Learning a HISTORY is actually a precious knowledge we have ever learned. We have to know deeply about our own glorious history- our past in order to create a bright future for the next generation.
We have to let somebody do a totally different things even it sounds insane in the first place. Because if we don't do things and think differently, how can we be able to move forward to compare with other nations like Uncle Ho said?
How can things can be better if we only want to do things the way keep us stand still or worst moving backward?
We can do all ways possible to achieve the things we want but it's not involve trampling others and stabing other people in the back.
We should take responsibilities for what we have done. Don't use "collectivism theory" for excuses.
We need to be united to moving forward but don't using that with a bunch of people to avoid responsibilities.


I'm not actually objecting some thoughts of him about the role of woman and their behaviors, personalities in a modern world. We have to accept the fact even it's bad before we can overcome it ,deal with it and finally capable of using it. Just like one of the quote in IB lessons  " There are three ways to add value in a world where differences are still matter ADAPTATION, AGGREGATION, ARBITRAGE" I know what side I choose I have to sacrifice the other side but it's just my choice and the life I wanted. I acknowledge it and won't deny it but I accept it because it's my choice. That's all.
I understand it so I won't be so DOWN when it actually happen someday. And I won't judge other people's lifestyles cuz that is the decisons to make, just like mine. But thank you for reminding of the ugly facts, Hani Oppa :">

And last but not least, the hot topic in recent days in my class : "LOVE". :)))
I just want to say briefly that sometimes, we do acknowledge things but we do it anyway just to experience it cuz it's not really will break us into piecies when " Break-up thing in love'' does happen eventually. They will cover soon so Oppa should let them "experience" it on their own. It sounds more exciting =)))

There are more things I learned from Hani Oppa's sharings but I prefer to keep it for myself for now :P




















No comments: